Central Administration in SharePoint Server 2016 is where you go to perform administration tasks from a central location. The tasks you can perform in Central Administration is organized into ten parts:
- Application Management Manage your web applications, site collections, service applications, and databases.
- System Settings Manage the servers and services in your farm, convert server roles, configure notification settings, and farm features.
- Monitoring Review issues and rules, track your timer jobs and view administrative reports.
- Backup and Restore Manage the backup and restore for your farm, perform data recovery.
- Security Manager your users, service accounts, authentication providers, trusts, and information rights management policies.
- Upgrade and Migration Manage your farm licenses, enable features, and review your installation and upgrade status.
- General Application Settings Manage the settings for applications in your farm such as InfoPath Forms Services, SharePoint Designer, Search, and Content Deployment.
- Apps Purchase apps from the Office Store, assign app licenses, manage your app catalog, and permissions.
- Office 365 Connect your SharePoint Server farm to Office 365 services.
- Configuration Wizards Launch the Farm Configuration Wizard